Garlic-Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut into cubes. Place in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 minute or until tender. Add the remaining butter; heat until melted.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic mixture, cream, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper; mash until smooth. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Mashed Potatoes(3)
Sort By :
My family loved this recipe! I substituted 1% milk for the heavy whipping cream, which was not as creamy but still tasted great.
These potatoes are good! I use only half the cream at first when mashing, then add more as needed (one cup would have yielded soupy results). Then I save what's left of the cream to use to thin leftovers before microwaving. -Lori in WI.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >