Garlic-Cheese Chicken Wings Recipe
I developed this recipe several years ago using chicken breasts, then decided to try it on wings as an appetizer - and it was a hit! If you like garlic, you're sure to enjoy these tender zesty bites. -Donna Pierce, Lady Lake, Florida
- 2 large whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze the softened garlic into a blender. Add the butter, hot pepper sauce and remaining oil; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Dip chicken wings into the garlic mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on a greased rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with any remaining garlic mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Garlic-Cheese Chicken Wings in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic-Cheese Chicken Wings(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Wings >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >