- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells, alphabet pasta or ring macaroni
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta; add to garlic butter. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Garlic-Buttered Pasta
Sort By :
Really quick & yummy. I also used dried parsley since I didn't have any fresh on hand. Next time I would cut down on the butter. It was just a bit too much buttery for our taste.
I made this with 1/2 lb. linguine. It was awesome! The only thing I would do different is mix in the parsley, salt and pepper before mixing in the Parmesan to keep it from clumping up.
Yummy!! I did things a little differently though. I marinated shrimp and chicken in butter, lemon, parsley, garlic, and salt & pepper for about 4 hours. I then sauteed the marinated chicken and added the shrimp when the chicken was about half-way cooked. Once it was cooked, I added the noodles, rest of the butter, spice, and cheese (double the cheese). This was an amazing dish, I thought I was in a restaurant!
Fabulous side dish...I didn't have fresh parsley on hand so I just used the parsley from spice cabinet and my family loved it!!! Also substituted the shells for bowties...this will def be a reciepe that is used and reused in my kitchen!!!!!!!
Wonderful side dish! Quick and easy to prepare. Love the butter and garlic!