From Dalhart, Texas, Denise Baumert serves up a savory side dish with wonderful garlic flavor. "I add the cloves to the noodles as they are cooking for fast and flavorful results," she explains. At only 11¢ a serving, this pleasing pasta is a thrifty accompaniment to most any lunch or dinner.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding garlic to the water. Drain; discard garlic.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl; add butter. Toss gently until butter is melted. Add the Parmesan, chives and garlic salt if desired; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Angel Hair Pasta in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p37
Reviews for Garlic Angel Hair Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review