Fudgy Peppermint Stick Torte Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- 4-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to four greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream, then 3/4 cup crushed candies.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle remaining candies over the top. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Fudgy Peppermint Stick Torte
Sort By :
LOVED this! Absolutely delicious. This does make a pretty big torte. I didn't have many people over to share with so I sliced the torte into individual servings and froze them, then just pulled a slice out of the freezer whenever I felt like having a slice. You could also make 2 tortes with this using 2 layers for each instead of 4 and get a head start on a Valentine's or St. Patrick's Day dessert. For St. Patrick's Day, just add a little green food coloring to the frosting and decorate with Andes Mints instead of peppermint candies. This recipe is a keeper!
Excellent cake! I left out the peppermint extract and candies. Makes a beautiful presentation. I will make this cake again and again!
Moist, wonderful and Chocolatey. makes me think of a york peppermint patty. well worth the try
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Fudge Cake >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fudge Cake >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >