With big handfuls of dried apricots and cherries, almonds and pistachios, we make dozens of no-bake treats you can take anywhere. —Donna Pochoday-Stelmach, Morristown, New Jersey
Featured In: 26 Favorite Camping Recipes
- 3-3/4 cups sliced almonds, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios, toasted
- Place 1-1/4 cups almonds in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Remove almonds to a shallow bowl; reserve for coating.
- Add remaining 2-1/2 cups almonds to food processor; pulse until finely chopped. While processing, gradually add extract and honey. Remove to a large bowl; stir in apricots and cherries. Divide mixture into six portions; shape each into a 1/2-in.-thick roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut rolls into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Roll half of the pieces in reserved almonds, pressing gently to help nuts adhere. Roll remaining half in pistachios. Store bites between waxed paper in airtight containers. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Fruit & Almond Bites in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews for Fruit & Almond Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2016