This ice cream dessert can be prepared and frozen weeks in advance. I've found it has more mass appeal than traditional pumpkin pie. —Susan Bennett, Edmond, Oklahoma
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Fold in ice cream. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Pumpkin Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p134
Reviews for Frozen Pumpkin Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review