"This chilled treat takes me back to my childhood because it tastes like a Fudgesicle," shares Maria Regakis. THe Somerville, Massachusetts reader turns sandwich cookies, chocolate pudding and vanilla ice cream into a dessert guaranteed to satisfy the kid in everyone.
- 15 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Whipped topping and grated chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in ice cream. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping and grated chocolate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Chocolate Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p20
Reviews for Frosty Chocolate Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2012
"Needed a little more oreo crust."