Frosted Raspberry Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Divide dough in half; chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll out one portion of dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; carefully transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with raspberry filling.
- Roll out remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust over filling. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, shortening, cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Chill until set. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Raspberry Bars
Sort By :
"These were very good, and we all enjoyed them. However, I found that the dough was tricky to work with. Looking forward to trying it with other pie fillings in the future!"
"Everyone always loves these. They are great!"
"everytime i make these everyone says how amazing they are! so versatile you can use any jelly flavor you want! i love this recipe!"