Frosted Raspberry Bars Recipe
While visiting a friend, I tried one of these tempting treats that her daughter made. After one bite, I knew I had to have the recipe. The cake-like bars with a fruity filling and creamy frosting are a sweet solution for any potluck or party. -Esther Horst, Augusta, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Divide dough in half; chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll out one portion of dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; carefully transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with raspberry filling.
- Roll out remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust over filling. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, shortening, cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Chill until set. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Raspberry Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p29
Reviews for Frosted Raspberry Bars(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >