Fried Chicken Coating Mix Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Oil for frying
- Combine the first nine ingredients; store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups coating mix (enough for 3 batches of chicken).
- To prepare chicken: In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Place 3/4 cup coating mix in a large resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then add to the bag, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat.
- Heat 1/4 in. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides; transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fried Chicken Coating Mix(4)
Sort By :
Tried this and followed the recipe to the letter. Overpowered by thyme and ginger. Will try this again but will definitely reduce the quantity of these two.
very good. 2nd time i made it i added cornmeal and cornstarch for some added crunch.
Best homemade breading EVER!!!
This is a good coating mix! I use skinless boneless chicken breast halves. I dip them in an egg beaten with a little milk, dredge them in the coating, and refrigerate them for an hour or so. Then I brown them in a little oil and finish them off in a 350Â° oven.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >