Peach grower Judy Marshall enthusiastically shares this fruit-filled recipe she gives customers at her family's Schreiman Orchards near Waverly, Missouri. "This favorite recipe is reprinted annually in our cookbook," relates Judy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 3 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool.
- Arrange peaches in crust; pour filling over peaches. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Peach Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p17
Reviews for Fresh Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review