- 2 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine peaches and 3/4 cup sugar; set aside. Pour butter into an 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and remaining sugar; stir in milk just until combined. Pour over butter. Top with the peaches. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Peach Cobbler(29)
Sort By :
I didn't have fresh peaches so used canned instead. It was delicious!
The nutmeg is what makes it. Don't omit.
Best peach cobbler recipe I have tried. Not as SWEET as others. Just right consistensy of the cake portion on top and that sweet sauce on the bottom - with the peaches. It was PERFECT! My family raved over it!
We loved this recipe! I ended up using 5 peaches (they would have been ranked medium to small). Also, I may have overcooked it a bit, so the bottom edges were a little well done (so watch for that!).
Everything else was great. The taste and the texture were both right on!
It's really good, but mine turned out more like a spiced peach cake than it did a cobbler. I don't know why, maybe I used too much baking powder. I used cinnamon and nutmeg and added extra peaches. It's tasty, but not what you would expect cobbler to be.