"I created this salad as an alternative to the mayonnaise, raisin and carrot salad my mom used to make. I had some leftover ginger and really liked the fresh taste," relates Lauri Cherian of Scott Depot, West Virginia. "I have a sweet tooth, and this salad quenches it!"
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts. Combine the yogurt, ginger and reserved pineapple juice. Pour dressing over carrot mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Ginger Carrot Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p45
Reviews for Fresh Ginger Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review