- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca and salt. Add 1 cup blackberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until berries burst and mixture comes to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; gently stir in remaining berries.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Blackberry Pie
Sort By :
Very good pie. Easy to make. I work all day and made it in the evening. My husband could not wait for it to cool. Very good taste
Fabulous pie! I have made 5 already this year, using fresh berries. I am wondering if frozen berries could be substituted?
I just made 2 pies using this recipe. Haven't tasted yet but the filling I tried out of the pan is yummy! I had to add a T or 2 of water when I started heating the sugar/tapioca/salt berry mixture. Can't wait to try finished pies!
I have a hard time finding recipes for black raspberries that we have near our home. I use this recipe and it does great!
This was the tastiest, most easiest dessert to make. My husband, children and I picked the blackberries from a local orchard and I made the pie a couple days after. It was SO delicious! We served it at a dinner party and everyone enjoyed (and raved) about it.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Pie Recipes >
- Blackberry Pies >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >