- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine pinto beans and water. Cover and process until almost smooth. Add to beef mixture. Stir in cheese.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold ends and sides over filling; roll up. Wrap each burrito in waxed paper and foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen burritos: Remove foil and waxed paper. Place one burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°, turning burrito over once. Let stand for 20 seconds. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Freezer Burritos
Sort By :
"I made this recipe. They are amazing...I just love them."
"I can't keep enough of these in the freezer - everyone loves them!"
"I made this as a single serving freezer meal to send with my boyfriend to college. It was easy to make. I found it made closer to 16 burritos and the ingredients are fairly cheap. I'm sure he will be asking for more soon. I'm curious to try it with turkey in place of ground beef."
"I've already reviewed this and couldn't figure out a way to update my review - STILL a 5 star recipe, but found out that the filling for these burritos is also an EXCELLENT warm chip dip!!! Now I double this recipe and make 24 burritos for the freezer and still have a little filling left over that we save for dipping, YUM!"
"This is a great idea. Makes lunch fast and easy and it is still homemade and fresh. The burritos are really good and my boyfriend and I both enjoy them. ; )"