Four-Cheese Pizza Recipe
Although this pizza doesn't have sauce, it gets unforgettable flavor from a blend of cheeses, vegetables and garlic. Using frozen bread dough appeals to folks who don't care to bake.Davis Johns, Hurst, Texas
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- Reduce heat to 375°. Sprinkle the chopped peppers, cheeses, parsley and basil over crust. Arrange tomato slices over top. Combine oil and garlic; brush over tomatoes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p196
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >