Flank Steak Burritos Recipe
- 4 ounces beef flank steak
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup cold cooked rice
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steak in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; place down the center of each tortilla. Top with the rice, avocado, beans, sour cream, salsa, onion and cilantro. Roll up; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak Burritos
Sort By :
"I made this with the ground round which is much leaner and it was delicious. I really thought that it made a lot too. A very easy dish to make and freeze for later."
"Really yummy and easy to increase! My husband ate 4! Our grocery store did not have flank steak so we used top sirloin, and we grilled the steak. I also mixed the rice, onion, cilantro, and salsa together and then built the burritos. I added a lot more salsa and cilantro to meet out tastes."