Filet Mignon with Red Wine Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and oregano; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomato paste; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Gradually whisk in wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced by half. Strain sauce and return to pan. Gradually stir in remaining butter until melted. Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Serve with wine sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Filet Mignon with Red Wine Sauce(3)
Sort By :
I have shared with several family members. All of them have enjoyed this recipe!
I made it with red wine and that was all I could taste, next time I will try with the beef broth.
Just an excellent meal! We served it with a Baby Spinach and Shrimp Salad! Very Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >