This easy entree will knock your socks off. Zesty ingredients turn round steak into a phenomenal meal-in-one. Deborah Linn - Valdez, Alaska
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons guacamole
- Place round steak in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasonings; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Add beans to tomato mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until beans are heated through. When cool enough to handle, slice meat. In individual bowls, layer the rice, meat and bean mixture. Top with cheese, olives, onions and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Beef Bowls in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p14
Reviews for Fiesta Beef Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review