This super-quick chickpea salad is a hit with my crowd. If there are any leftovers (rarely happens), turn them into a pita for lunch. —Judy Doepel, Ballston Lake, New York
Recommended: 40 Super Satisfying Dinners for Lent
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped English cucumber (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Feta Garbanzo Bean Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Feta Garbanzo Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2016
"Served as a meatless entree along with some naan. Very fresh taste. I might add some celery next time for crunch, but it was good as-is."