Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie
Sort By :
"I just used the crumb topping because I have a great recipe for apple pie. This topping was delicious. I can't wait to make it again. Maybe today!"
"Wonderful ! Family loved it ! Used red delicious apples, turned out BEAUTIFULLY!"
"The crust and topping are AMAZING! Even my family members that say the don't like pie love this recipe!! The filling was a little bland though so I added cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to give it more of an apple pie flavor."
"I made the pie for the first 3 times using the recipe, it was really good. After that I added 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and I used orange juice instead of water. OMG try it."
"Omg i was so proud of myself when i made my favorite pie myself mmm it was great.."