- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie
Sort By :
"I made this today...not hard to make at all versus making pie crust from scratch. This pie was very good! I added cinnamon also as I read in the reviews...goes good with apple pie! Thank you for sharing! This recipe is a keeper :)"
"I have made this for years and it is a family favorite! I do add a little cinnamon to apples."
"My daughter helped me make this and she loved it. Super easy to make without a complicated pie crust!!"
"Great recipe with a few slight tweaks (I've made this for family gatherings or when I just want a comfort food dessert) you need to add some cinnamon and nutmeg and you'll have one heck of a Dutch Apple Pie."
"Easy, delicious, and worth trying"