Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie(54)
Sort By :
This is the Best Apple Pie Ever! My friends and family always request this. I follow the recipe exactly, no changes needed, the flavor is great. I make 10-12 every fall and freeze them for the rest of the winter
great and easy. Must add spices or its bland.
I took this pie to Thanksgiving and had never even attempted an apple pie. Wow, was it a hit!! There was one piece left when we were done and my dad claimed it for himself before anyone else could! I also added about 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. This pie is super easy and especially DELICIOUS!!!
Wonderfully delicious and easy! I think this has become my families favorite apple pie. The only thing I did different with the recipe is to add lots of cinnamon and nutmeg to the filling. I also sometimes add toasted pecans to the topping. It's an easy enough recipe that anyone who can chop apples can make this .
Easy and tastes great, I had cinnamon too to the filling
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dutch Apple Pie >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >