- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Very good but needed more sauce as others stated. Makes a huge dish....I need to cut the recipe in half."
"I love this recipe, it's a family favorite... I make this and freeze half for late thaw and heat. With salad and French bread 30 min wala..."
"Very yummy...my family loved it!"
"Very tasty, quick and easy to make. I always add more Italian seasoning, fresh garlic, a dash of red pepper, a little sugar too. I put a 5 blend of cheese as well as the parmesan cheese.and mozzarella."
"I made this for dinner tonight, and although it was okay, I was on the dry side. Don't think I will make it again."