- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
"My family loved this recipe. quick and simple to prepare. I followed the recipe exactly as it is written. It was the perfect amount of sauce for my family. Definitely will make again."
"I doubled the sauce in this recipe and it still wasn't enough. Very bland."
"This recipe is much better with another half jar of sauce, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Otherwise it is dry and bland."
"Obviously this recipe is a matter of taste. My family likes saucy and flavorful pasta, so I modified the recipe accordingly. I used 12 oz spaghetti, 1.5 jars of sauce, added garlic with the onion, and seasoned each layer with salt and Italian seasoning. It was perfect for us. If your family likes flavorful or saucy pasta, modify accordingly but clearly many love it as is."
"I made this recipe exactly as written. I did not deviate in any way. It was one of the most bland dishes I have tasted in a long time. I had two servings (one the next day hoping it would be better) and it just didn't have any flavour at all. So disappointing. I ended up throwing the entire casserole out. The sauce needs to be doubled. the spaghetti needs seasoned (1/2 tsp of seasoned salt isn't going to make all that spaghetti taste good) and for god's sake, use ricotta, it goes a long way in texture and moisture. I think the idea is great, but please take it back to the kitchen and try it again. And pop for ricotta; it'll be worth it. This needs Italian seasoning badly. I may try it again after tweaking it."
"Made this tonight, it is awful. If I wanted dry lasagna I would have made it. Made and baked according to directions. The recipe is not a saver! I am 71 and have tried a lot of your recipes, but this is the worst! Don't waste your time, make lasagna! Linda"
"This was so easy to make and everyone loved it!! Have made it several times, and will make it again, I'm sure"
"I'm trying to understand where 191 people gave 5 star reviews. This was aweful. Been cooking for 40 years and my hubby and kids and foster kids all said this was the worst dish I've made. Followed the recipe exactly. I'm a devote Taste Of Home follower, but I'm questioning the "Test Kitchen Approved"! YIKES!!"