- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
"I made this for dinner tonight, and although it was okay, I was on the dry side. Don't think I will make it again."
"If you are going to freeze half of this, do you bake it first and then freeze?"
"Everyone loves it!"
"This was delicious! I used brown rice pasta as we don't do gluten; I also used olive oil instead of butter - it was terrific. I was going to use ricotta, but I didn't have enough - the cottage cheese was great. I did use a 3 quart casserole - I think next time I'll use a 9x13 pan. We actually had only enough left for my husband's lunch! Very good. I'll add spinach next time. BIG hit!"
"Absolutely wonderful. It's hard to please everyone's specific tastes these days but this recipe hit the mark. My whole family loved it. Had enough for leftovers too!"