Favorite Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti(105)
Sort By :
The green leaves in the picture look just like the leaves on my oregano plant.
This was a huge hit. I followed the other reviewers' recommendations and used an extra half jar of sauce, and 3 cups of mozzarella rather than 4. I made mine vegetarian using meatless crumbles and sauteed green pepper and mushrooms with them. I used a large casserole dish. Was a hit with friends and family. Highly recommend.
Need more sauce. 24 oz of sauce is not enough.
ww this is 11 points
I make this and it is very good except I use Ricotta and if l am short on Ricotta l will mix and grind up some Cottage and mix in with it. I also use some of my ingredients to put more flavor to it. Also I have added different type of Pasta sometimes you have a little bit in jar a little bit in another so I just cook all together one thing l do is that l never cook as long as the directions says because it finishes cooking inthe sauce l go about 3 minutes less in there cooking time. One of the reviews a person by the name of CaArJoSi he wonder what the green was on top I do belived that it is Green Onions they cut off the green stems finely. Thank you Taste Of Home For The Recipe !!! auntbea (From Maryland)
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >