- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
"This was fantastic! I never follow an exact recipe being a gourmet cook so I tweaked it alot. I added fresh tricolor peppers, fresh mushrooms, diced red onions and used half maple pork sausage and half ground sirloin and saut?ed them together with fresh garlic, parsley and rosemary. Used both ricotta and cottage cheese and layered it with 6 cheese Italian and mozzarella. Made a huge amount! Also doubled the sauce. My husband and teenager daughter devoured it and my husband has enough for lunches at work for a few days."
"Very good but needed more sauce as others stated. Makes a huge dish....I need to cut the recipe in half."
"I love this recipe, it's a family favorite... I make this and freeze half for late thaw and heat. With salad and French bread 30 min wala..."
"Very yummy...my family loved it!"
"Very tasty, quick and easy to make. I always add more Italian seasoning, fresh garlic, a dash of red pepper, a little sugar too. I put a 5 blend of cheese as well as the parmesan cheese.and mozzarella."