You won't recognize the leftover mashed potatoes in this excellent tasting soup from Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts. "Topped with chives, it's especially good on chilly fall evenings, she notes.
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a saucepan, saute =onion in butter until tender. Add the milk, potatoes, salt and celery salt if desired and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p34
Reviews for Fast Mashed Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review