Fast Mashed Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a saucepan, saute =onion in butter until tender. Add the milk, potatoes, salt and celery salt if desired and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Fast Mashed Potato Soup(4)
Sort By :
This was my favorite recipe in a book I got back in junior high. I'd lost the book in a move years back and have been looking for it ever since. Thanks Taste of Home for reuniting us. ;)
I actually made this recipe with instant mashed potatoes and dried minced onion. I added a handful of mixed frozen veggies and some leftover bacon, crumbled. So easy ad a really yummy recipe.
Excellent use for leftover mashed potatoes! And, I always have all the other ingredients on hand. Don't let its looks fool you while it's cooking. It looked really thin, and I was afraid it was going to taste like warm milk, but it was delicious. I made it with leftover scallion mashed potatoes, put croutons on top, and served it with a salad. It was the perfect cool weather weekend lunch.
I actually skipped the butter and used instant minced onion. This soup was so easy and good. The pepper gave it a little bite.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >