Egg Penguins Recipe
- 9 large ripe olives
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 12 small baby carrots
- For the penguin heads, attach one olive to the top of each egg with a toothpick. For beaks, cut six carrots 1/2.in from the pointed end; attach the flat side of a pointed piece to the center of each head with half a toothpick.
- For the feet, make a lengthwise cut through the remaining carrots; place flat side down in pairs (trim carrots if necessary). Place a toothpick in each carrot; press an egg on top of each pair.
- For flippers, cut the remaining olives lengthwise into quarters; attach one olive quarter to each side of eggs with half a toothpick. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 penguins.
Reviews for Egg Penguins(5)
Sort By :
I have made these with my kids' preschool classes on 4 different occasions. The kids loved them! The most recent was yesterday (1/27/12) with my son's preK class & my daughter decided she wanted to make them for her 8th birthday party today!
What an awesome idea . . . someone was really creative when they thought of this appetizer, also easy and low-salt too. Thx Loretta
I made these for a kids party and they were really a hit! Kids love them and they were so cute on the table! It will be a recipe I go to again and again.
I have made something similar to this only they were chickens instead of penguins. Cute!
This is soooooooo cute and such a wonderful idea! so simple and easy to make! my guests loved it so much that they tot it was a shame to eat them and ruin their shapes :P
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >