- 3 cans (12 ounces each) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 envelopes pork-flavored seasoned coating mix
- Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Stuff each pepper half with about 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. In a bowl, combine the uncooked sausage, biscuit mix and remaining cheese; mix well. Shape about 2 tablespoonfuls around each pepper.
- Dip into eggs, then roll in coating mix. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
1 each: 126 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.