Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
I am wondering if those who found the cookies too dry used "old fashioned" instead of quick oats.
Just made these and they're just OK. I used fresh ground natural peanut butter that may have affected the way it mixed up. Never did become fluffy. Very dense but actually a good thing.....kept me from eating the whole thing. Not sure if I would make these again.
Very good! Chewy, and crumbly, and delicious! Tried this as originally posted, and making a second batch now with a little butter and apple cinnamon oatmeal instead of plain. Can't wait!
These are delicious! I always had a problem with regular peanut butter cookies being too dense and fatty. I don't miss the lack of butter or sugar! I did add vanilla because well, it wouldn't be a cookie without it :)
Not a safe idea to use Spenda to spare yourself the calories, you should do some reserch. If your looking to loose weight after using Splenda for a long time you could have your DR cut out your tumors just like researchers cut out the tumors in the lab rats they used to get FDA approval. http://keybiotic.com/video_toon_main.php very good video!! You have to watch a second before he starts talking about the effects of sweaters like splenda