Crispy, salty pretzel crust is just begging for a creamy no-bake peanut butter filling and a layer of chocolate ganache. — Gina Nistico, Taste of Home Food Editor
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-3/4 cups crushed pretzel sticks
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Additional crushed pretzel sticks, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed pretzels and 1/3 cup sugar with melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Beat peanut butter, softened butter, cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup cream. Microwave gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; stir into peanut butter mixture. Transfer to crust.
- Microwave chocolate chips and remaining cream on high; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture. If desired, top with additional crushed pretzels. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Easy Peanut Butter & Pretzel Pie in TasteofHome.com 2017