Easy Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into beaten eggs. Return all to saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until nearly boiling. Reduce heat; cook and stir about 2 minutes more (do not boil). Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup coconut, butter and vanilla. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill for several hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Coconut Cream Pie(7)
Sort By :
LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS PIE.....I am a HUGH fan of that one spot that is no longer around BS....and I added whipped cream to the top of this and OH MY this is one GREAT COCONUT CREAM PIE!!! I did put this in a Keebler Shortbread pie shell and that was awesome but his pie was good no matter what! Quick and Great Pie what could be better!
Creamy and delicious. Loved it.
great retro pie I remember from my days on the farm. simple and wonderful!!!
When threshing there was always this pie with the others under a tree in the hot August shade for the crews.
After reading the previous reviews I realized that it would be very easy to reduce the recipe by a third. (I always sucked at math but I'm very good at re-sizing recipes - go figure!) A 2/3 filling recipe is perfect for a 9" pie. It tastes really good, too.
This was a great pie! Will definitely make again. Everyone loved it.