My daughter-in-law is a diabetic, so I came up with this recipe especially for her. But this cobbler is so good, the whole family enjoys it!
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples (about 3 large)
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 5 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Put the apples, 1/2 cup water, lemon juice and salt in a microwave-safe 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir, then cook 2 minutes more. Combine the cornstarch, sweetener cinnamon and remaining water; stir into hot apples. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- For topping, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture forms small crumbs. Stir in milk with a fork. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto hot apple mixture. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cobbler in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p286
Reviews for Easy Apple Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2013
"It is very easy to make and doesn't take a lot of time"