Individual Apple Cobbler
THIS RECIPE was given to me in an exchange with a homemakers group several years ago. Apples are a vibrant part of the color around New England in autumn. Once the harvest is in, apple treats pop up everywhere. I love to make this dessert at this time of year. -Lucy Holland, Derby Line, Vermont
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Half-and-half cream, optional
- Gently toss the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Divide between two ungreased 10-oz. custard cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; stir in milk and butter just until moistened. Spoon over apples. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until top is golden. Serve warm with cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Individual Apple Cobbler in Reminisce Extra October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.