- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Spread cups with lemon curd and fill with fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easter Meringue Cups
"Looks beautiful, but was not a whole-family (7 of us) favorite. It needs to be eaten within a couple hours as the fruit juice soaks into the meringue."
"I took these to our Fruit and Pastry potluck at Church on Easter Sunday. They were gone so quick, people were looking for more. They were so easy to make and very attractive sitting on a slightly elevated plate."
"We love these! My grandmother always made a full size dessert like this, but these are much easier to serve."
"I really enjoyed making these. They looked so fun and springy that I tried them out - everyone loved them! They have a great fresh fruit taste."
"I made thaese for a special occasion and received rave reviews. I also made the meringues and served with gelato. Made a nice presentation.jacijaci"
"I used my regular Lemon Meringue pie filling recipe as I doubled the recipe for the cups for a crowd. The meringue cups are really fragile but made a great presentation. I had many compliments on these."
"It would be nice if the Nutrition Facts would print when you print the recipe"
"These were fantastic and easy to prepare. I too used the lemon curd recipe here and found it to be a bit tart - additional sugar was necessary; otherwise it was great!"
"this was a wonderful dessert. I made it for Easter since my daughter and I are both watching our weight. We both loved it!!"