Easter Meringue Cups Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Spread cups with lemon curd and fill with fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easter Meringue Cups(13)
Sort By :
I made these for Easter dessert, and they were a hit! My first time trying it, and I host Easter dinner every year, and I love trying new recipes.
I really enjoyed making these. They looked so fun and springy that I tried them out - everyone loved them! They have a great fresh fruit taste.
I made thaese for a special occasion and received rave reviews. I also made the meringues and served with gelato. Made a nice presentation.
I used my regular Lemon Meringue pie filling recipe as I doubled the recipe for the cups for a crowd. The meringue cups are really fragile but made a great presentation. I had many compliments on these.
It would be nice if the Nutrition Facts would print when you print the recipe