Marbled Meringue Hearts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Remove 1/4 cup and tint pink. Lightly swirl pink mixture into remaining meringue. Fill pastry bag with meringue. Pipe 2-in. heart shapes 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until set and dry, about 20 minutes. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven until oven has completely cooled. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 meringue: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 18, 2019
I love these! So pretty and sweet. I brought some into work and everyone loved them.
Feb 18, 2019
These were so easy to make and such a pretty cookie too. I did bake mine for 25 minutes instead of 20 but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.