Marbled Meringue Hearts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Red food coloring
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Remove 1/4 cup and tint pink. Lightly swirl pink mixture into remaining meringue. Fill pastry bag with meringue. Pipe 2-in. heart shapes 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until set and dry, about 20 minutes. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven until oven has completely cooled. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 meringue: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 12, 2020
These were easy to make and looked very cute. Thanks for the recipe!
Feb 18, 2019
I love these! So pretty and sweet. I brought some into work and everyone loved them.
Feb 18, 2019
These were so easy to make and such a pretty cookie too. I did bake mine for 25 minutes instead of 20 but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.