Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds; stir until smooth. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture until blended. Spread into a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Spoon over brownie batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cook, uncovered, at 70% power for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cook on high for 1 minute longer. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 27, 2019
I like how everyone is baking them instead of mivrowaving. I can never tell what is the power of the microwave...and to adjust it...who knows? So I baked them as well, at 350 and they are just amazing. Also used chocolate chips instead of chocolate squares and i don't think it makes any difference. I did 3 times already, it's very very easy to do and really good. My kids ask for it a lot....and can barely refrain themselves to not finish it in one sit :) thank you for the recipe.
Feb 2, 2019
I-24-2019, I made these brownies and baked them at 350o F for 30 to 35 minutes. I'd used 11-oz. chocolate chips, DIVIDED: 1 cup with the cream cheese mixture and remainder of chocolate chips on TOP of layer the 1/8 tsp. salt with dry ingredient mixture sifted together. Used 8" greased and floured baking pan. This recipe is a really good one and is a keeper for me!
Dec 12, 2011
Good recipe...not a super sweet dessert, but cheesecake normally isn't anyway. I also baked it in the oven at 350 degrees and it worked very well. I used low-fat cream cheese and it worked just as well! My brothers loved it and one of them requested it for his birthday dessert (instead of a cake).
Mar 8, 2011
I made this recipe with a brownie mix instead of making it from scratch. I also cooked it in a regular oven according to the directions on the brownie box. It turned out great! Very yummy! :)
May 28, 2010
I baked these in the regular oven, I have my doubts about baking stuff in the microwave.
Mar 15, 2010
The microwave thing did NOT work for me - not even close to done when it said it would be - continued to microwave it for more than 20 minutes, came out, cooled and refridgerated it. Then it was hard as a rock. Not good. I'll stick to other TOH recipes, thanks.