- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Green paste food coloring
- Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
- Candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Assorted stick chewing gum
- Jumbo heart sprinkles
- Canned chocolate frosting
- Miniature marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- White nonpareils
- Tint desired amount of frosting green. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #4 round pastry tip. Fill bag with green frosting; pipe grass onto desired amount of cupcakes. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
- For bunny faces, pipe white frosting over tops of cupcakes using a #4 round pastry tip. Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into ear shapes of various sizes. Attach smaller centers onto the larger pieces with a small amount of frosting.
- Pinch base end of each ear, forming a curved shape. Press into tops of cupcakes. Place a heart sprinkle on each cupcake for nose. Using a #2 round pastry tip, pipe eyes, whiskers and a mouth on each face with chocolate frosting.
- For bunnies, pipe white frosting over remaining cupcakes. Place a miniature cupcake onto a larger cupcake; secure with a toothpick. For a bunny tail, dip a marshmallow in corn syrup; roll in nonpareils. Place on cupcake. Repeat as desired. Yield: Varied.
Reviews for Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Sort By :
These cupcakes are so adorable! It almost makes you not want to eat them. I agree though, I made my recipe for french buttercream instead of canned, and I can imagine it tasted way better! I am kindof dissapointed that they told you to used canned frosting. But other than that, they were surprisingly easy and notsosurprisingly, absolutely adorable! I would reccomend this to anyone! --Hailey
All the children and the big children loved them. They were easy to make and oh so cute. I made my own frosting. No canned frosting here. They were a big hit and looked good around the dessert table.
My daughter made the bunny cupcakes. They were so cute and yummy! All the kids loved them!
These bunnies are tooooo cute. A big hit w/ all the kids I shared with.There's nothing wrong w/ semi- homemade
but I do agree w/ the others concerning the canned icing. I used my frosting recipe. I also used slices of marsmallows for the ears.
I would love to have the recipe for the Vienna Cream frosting if you could post it Denise? It sure sounds yummy and certainly better than anything you could find in a can! Valerie
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Cupcake Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >