Guaranteed to put a smile on your face, these cupcakes definitely bring out the cute factor. So this Easter, delight adults and kids alike with these adorable bunny cupcakes. Hop to it! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Green paste food coloring
- Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
- Candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Assorted stick chewing gum
- Jumbo heart sprinkles
- Canned chocolate frosting
- Miniature marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- White nonpareils
- Tint desired amount of frosting green. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #4 round pastry tip. Fill bag with green frosting; pipe grass onto desired amount of cupcakes. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
- For bunny faces, pipe white frosting over tops of cupcakes using a #4 round pastry tip. Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into ear shapes of various sizes. Attach smaller centers onto the larger pieces with a small amount of frosting.
- Pinch base end of each ear, forming a curved shape. Press into tops of cupcakes. Place a heart sprinkle on each cupcake for nose. Using a #2 round pastry tip, pipe eyes, whiskers and a mouth on each face with chocolate frosting.
- For bunnies, pipe white frosting over remaining cupcakes. Place a miniature cupcake onto a larger cupcake; secure with a toothpick. For a bunny tail, dip a marshmallow in corn syrup; roll in nonpareils. Place on cupcake. Repeat as desired. Yield: Varied.
Originally published as Easter Bunny Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Cupcake of the Week Newsletter 2009, p4/6/09
Reviews for Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review