Double Chocolate Bars Recipe
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; pat onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a microwave, heat milk and 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until chips begin to melt but do not lose their shape. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Bars
Sort By :
Trying this out using Mint Oreos, with mint chips today. We shall see.
These bars have been a favorite of our family since they appeared in the Premiere Issue of Quick Cooking! Almost all of my 6 kids are grown & away from home now, but they still request these when they come home. The whole pan goes in less than a day if they're all here. In fact, I'm making them today because my 3 daughters are home & want them. Very easy & fast to make.
Yum! Easy to make. Very rich but delicious for the chocolate lover!
These were really good! I made them for some friends last night and everyone loved them. I did add an additional 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips to the frosting part per previous suggestions. I found spreading the frosting a bit tricky as the bottom started to come up a bit. Probably a good thing I had extra chocolate. think I may add more next time or try refrigerating the bottom part to get a bit more solid 1st before adding the frosting. But overall it wasn't a big deal and worked out just fine.
I took other reviewers' opinions into account when I made these bars, and made them less sweet. In the filling I mixed 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips, and 1 t. espresso powder with the condensed milk. For the topping I used chopped walnuts and dispensed with the second layer of chocolate chips altogether. They were very good that way, although I could not taste the espresso in the filling. The next time I make them I would use espresso powder, and I might even try all unsweetened chocolate with the condensed milk in the filling.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bars >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >