- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 18 packages (1 ounce each) nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Transfer beef mixture to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Drain one can tomatoes, discarding liquid; add to slow cooker. Stir in beans, chili powder, cumin, salt and remaining tomatoes. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours to allow flavors to blend. Mash beans to desired consistency.
Just before serving, cut open tortilla chip bags. Divide chili among bags; add toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Deluxe Walking Nachos in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Reviews for Deluxe Walking Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review