- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, water chestnuts, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, soy sauce and curry powder. Stir into shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle;with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Shrimp Salad
"We were out of water chestnuts so I used diced carrots instead. Note the color of the mayo plus soy sauce is brownish - don't be alarmed - it tastes great!"
"The recipe looked good, - - but it turned out to be excellent. My husband and I really enjoyed the salad as a main meal - on a very hot day.July 30, 2010Schnuckelchen"