- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 pita pocket breads
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the onion, garlic and curry; drain and discard garlic. Stir in the water, salt, sugar and pepper. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomato and zucchini; cook just until heated through. Spoon meat mixture into pita breads. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Beef Pita Pockets in Country Ground Beef 1993, p25
Reviews for Curried Beef Pita Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2012
This was excellent! I would however add in drained stewed tomatoes and create a light Caribbean yogurt sauce with jerk seasoning to complete the flavors. healthy and delicious.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2011