The Cuban sandwich is a twist on the old ham and cheese, usually with ham, Swiss, pickles, condiments, and sometimes, as in this hearty version, smoked turkey. —Janet Sanders, Pine Mountain, Georgia
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices artisan bread
- 8 thick slices deli smoked turkey
- 4 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- In a small skillet, cook and stir garlic in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Cool.
- Stir garlic into mayonnaise; spread over bread slices. Layer four slices of bread with turkey, ham, cheese, pickles and spinach; close sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cuban Panini in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p49
Reviews for Cuban Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review