The Cuban sandwich is a twist on the old ham and cheese, usually with ham, Swiss, pickles, condiments, and sometimes, as in this hearty version, smoked turkey. —Janet Sanders, Pine Mountain, Georgia
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices artisan bread
- 8 thick slices deli smoked turkey
- 4 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- In a small skillet, cook and stir garlic in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Cool.
- Stir garlic into mayonnaise; spread over bread slices. Layer four slices of bread with turkey, ham, cheese, pickles and spinach; close sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cuban Panini in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p49
Reviews for Cuban Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2014
"Great recipe to spice up your everyday sandwich!"
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2012
"Have made this more than once for quite a few people. It's the new favorite. Can't believe how so many different flavors can come together to make this so incredible!!"