Cuban Panini Recipe
The Cuban sandwich is a twist on the old ham and cheese, usually with ham, Swiss, pickles, condiments and in this hearty version, smoked turkey. —Janet Sanders, Pine Mountain, Georgia
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices artisan bread
- 8 thick slices deli smoked turkey
- 4 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- In a small skillet, cook and stir garlic in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Cool.
- Stir garlic into mayonnaise; spread over bread slices. Layer 4 slices of bread with turkey, ham, cheese, pickles and spinach; close sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cuban Panini in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p49
Reviews for Cuban Panini(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2014
Great recipe to spice up your everyday sandwich!
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2012
Have made this more than once for quite a few people. It's the new favorite. Can't believe how so many different flavors can come together to make this so incredible!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >