- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crunch Top Ham and Potato Casserole(6)
Sort By :
Had for supper last nite. Sure hit the spot on a cold & snowy night. Baked it in a 8x8" dish, halved the ingred. sort of. Had 1 1/4lb. of potatoes left in bag, so used them all, eyeballed the 1/2 can of soup (know i used more, because of potatoes). The only thing really diff., i thought too much topping so i cut that way back. Made 3/4 cup flakes (for the 1/2 recipe) to 2 tbsp butter, but that was way too much for the 8x8, only used about 1/2 of that, tossed the rest. Just perfect. Will definately be making this again. Served with green salad and buns. Would be great for potlucks.
I just made this recipe using 2 cups ranch dip instead of plain sour cream. Very good!
I've made this a couple of times and it works for brunch, lunch and dinner. There's never any leftovers! I use diced ham since so it blends it better with the potatoes. Also, to slim it down a bit, I used light sour cream (no-fat is too bitter), reduced-fat cheese & 98% fat-free soup. The butter in the casserole and topping gives it enough fat to allow for those changes.
This is great for leftover Easter ham. But, I also make it as a potato side dish (without the ham) and it is always a hit.
It is great for family or get-togethers!! Loved the crunchy topping.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >