- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original French-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup crushed onions. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Onion Chicken
Sort By :
"Good flavor, but turned out a little greasier than I like. I will make these again, but next time will cook them on a wire rack to cut down on that."
"This was a quick and easy recipe with such a delicious result. I served this to my picky eaters for dinner and they went back for seconds and even thirds! I will be adding this to our regular rotation for sure"
"Great recipe. Easy, moist and delicious without alterations. I did make a change to the recipe when my husband bought home French's French Fried Onions in cheddar flavor. The cheddar flavor gave the chicken such a WONDERFUL taste, I ended up eating 3 of the 4 pieces!"
"Best chicken recipe I have ever made. Easy to put prepare, outstanding flavor. Thicker breasts have to cook a little longer than the recommended time but that may be because of my oven. Highly recommended!"
"There weren't any leftovers ! Everybody loved it!"