- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original French-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup crushed onions. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Onion Chicken
Sort By :
"My husband and I loved this recipe!! The batter is delicious and perfect. We will likely use more onions next time because we like it extra crunchy, but it's otherwise perfect!"
"My family thought this was just OK. I used only half the butter after reading the reviews, and that was plenty. It was easy to make, and the chicken was moist, but the onions on the bottom of the chicken pieces turned into an unpleasant soggy mush. I won't be making this again."
"So amazing! Staple in my chicken rotation. I use the cheddar onions."
"Good flavor, but turned out a little greasier than I like. I will make these again, but next time will cook them on a wire rack to cut down on that."
"This was a quick and easy recipe with such a delicious result. I served this to my picky eaters for dinner and they went back for seconds and even thirds! I will be adding this to our regular rotation for sure"