- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal seams. Spread with mustard.
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, seasonings and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil if crust browns too quickly. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Crescent Zucchini Pie
Sort By :
This is an absolutely delicious pie, easy to make and a wonderful way to take advantage of abundant zucchini from our garden. Even those who don't usually like zucchini like this. I've served it as a light entree or as a side. I'm expected to bring it to our summer family reunions as weveryone looks forward to it! I like to mix up the cheeses and don't think I've ever used the same combination twice and it was delicious any way.
Delicious! I used only 3 TBlsp butter and used Cheddar Cheese. Also added some cooked diced ham (I think bacon would be good too!). Used 5 eggs as this was our dinner so I wanted it to be a bit more substantial. Was very yummy! Even my toddler ate it!
Delicious! I used only 3 TBlsp butter and used Cheddar Cheese. Also added some cooked diced ham (I think bacon would be good too!). Was very yummy! Even my toddler ate it!
Absolutely fantastic, so very tasty and so very easy to make. You'll never resist eating zucchini again :-)
I made this for dinner last night and served it with tomato bisque soup (from Safeway). It was very good. The mustard ( I used Grey Poupon) really gives it a nice flavor, along with the herbs. It was pretty easy too! Will definitely make again. Even my picky husband liked it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Quiche >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >