- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal seams. Spread with mustard.
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, seasonings and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust.
Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil if crust browns too quickly.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled pie in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap pie; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Crescent Zucchini Pie
"This has been a Summer favorite at my house since it was first published. For our tastes I leave out the mustard and use a mixture of yellow squash and zucchini."
"This is so good. I have one of those "can't live without meat" people in my family. So I used one pound Italian sausage in my pie. I also used 2-cups of five cheese blend . One thing about this recipe; you must drain the sauteed vegetables very well. This is essential if you don't want to end up with a soggy crust. I baked mine at 350 for one hour. The crust came out beautiful. It was delicious."
"Very good! I used cheddar and pecorino ramono for the cheeses and less salt. 2 extra eggs."
"This is an absolutely delicious pie, easy to make and a wonderful way to take advantage of abundant zucchini from our garden. Even those who don't usually like zucchini like this. I've served it as a light entree or as a side. I'm expected to bring it to our summer family reunions as weveryone looks forward to it! I like to mix up the cheeses and don't think I've ever used the same combination twice and it was delicious any way."
"Delicious! I used only 3 TBlsp butter and used Cheddar Cheese. Also added some cooked diced ham (I think bacon would be good too!). Used 5 eggs as this was our dinner so I wanted it to be a bit more substantial. Was very yummy! Even my toddler ate it!"
"Delicious! I used only 3 TBlsp butter and used Cheddar Cheese. Also added some cooked diced ham (I think bacon would be good too!). Was very yummy! Even my toddler ate it!"
"Absolutely fantastic, so very tasty and so very easy to make. You'll never resist eating zucchini again :-)"
"Really nice zing with the mustard (I used regular yellow mustard). I also added a clove of chopped garlic. Great taste - thanks!"