- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal seams. Spread with mustard.
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, seasonings and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil if crust browns too quickly. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Crescent Zucchini Pie
Sort By :
"This is so good. I have one of those "can't live without meat" people in my family. So I used one pound Italian sausage in my pie. I also used 2-cups of five cheese blend . One thing about this recipe; you must drain the sauteed vegetables very well. This is essential if you don't want to end up with a soggy crust. I baked mine at 350 for one hour. The crust came out beautiful. It was delicious."
"Very good! I used cheddar and pecorino ramono for the cheeses and less salt. 2 extra eggs."
"This is an absolutely delicious pie, easy to make and a wonderful way to take advantage of abundant zucchini from our garden. Even those who don't usually like zucchini like this. I've served it as a light entree or as a side. I'm expected to bring it to our summer family reunions as weveryone looks forward to it! I like to mix up the cheeses and don't think I've ever used the same combination twice and it was delicious any way."
"Delicious! I used only 3 TBlsp butter and used Cheddar Cheese. Also added some cooked diced ham (I think bacon would be good too!). Used 5 eggs as this was our dinner so I wanted it to be a bit more substantial. Was very yummy! Even my toddler ate it!"
"Delicious! I used only 3 TBlsp butter and used Cheddar Cheese. Also added some cooked diced ham (I think bacon would be good too!). Was very yummy! Even my toddler ate it!"