"When I was expecting our third child, this was one of the meals I put in the freezer ahead of time," recalls Jo Groth of Plainfield, Iowa. "We now have four kids and they all like these rich chicken pockets. I've also made them with ham or smoked turkey," she adds.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; press perforations together. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring edges up to the center and pinch to seal. Brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with crushed croutons, lightly pressing down.
- Transfer to two ungreased baking sheets. Cover one baking sheet and freeze until firm; transfer squares to a covered freezer container. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Bake remaining squares at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen squares: Thaw in the refrigerator and bake as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crescent Chicken Bundles in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p16
Reviews for Crescent Chicken Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review