Lamb Pastry Bundles
This recipe was such a hit that my family has now incorporated the Mediterranean flavors into several dishes! —Tess Konter, New York, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes1-1/2 dozen (2 cups sauce)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese, cut into 18 slices
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, cumin and paprika. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into eighteen 1/2-in.-thick mini patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12x12-in. square. Cut each into nine squares. Place a burger in the center of each square; top with cheese. Lightly brush egg over edges of pastry. Bring opposite corners of pastry over burger; pinch seams to seal tightly.
- Place seam side up on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Place sauce ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with bundles.
Nutrition Facts1 bundle with 5 teaspoons sauce: 318 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Lamb Sliders in Puff Pastry in Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.