Creamy Seafood Bisque Recipe
This deceptively simple bisque makes a special first course or even a casual meal with a salad or bread. I like to top bowlfuls with shredded Parmesan cheese and green onions.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups whole baby clams, drained
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add red onion and mushrooms; saute for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; add tomato paste. Gradually whisk in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add clams and shrimp; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in crab and cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with cheese and green onions. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Seafood Bisque in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p71
Reviews for Creamy Seafood Bisque(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review