- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash (do not add butter or milk).
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Stir into potatoes along with sour cream, pepper and remaining salt.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; dot with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Mushroom-Potato Bake
"Was Delicious! I added some spices and will be making this again for sure!"
"Delicious! I used a 4-cheese blend instead of just Parmesan. We had it with steak. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for submitting!"
"It says "don't add milk" but I don't see milk in the recipe. I did a vegan version and it turned out really good, added a little cayenne pepper. I also put some cashews on top."
"I served this as a meal in its own right, with just a little mustard on the side. It was delicious, lots of 'mmmmmm' all round the table. My mum finds it hard to have an appetite for anything these days, but she had seconds of this after a large first helping.The only change I made to the recipe was to use mostly Gryere cheese because I didn't have enough Parmesan. And 10 servings? We finished it with just the three of us! :-P"
"Instead of pepper and salt I used mrs. Dash and it was awesome... It also would go good with something to make it crunch on the top or something"
"I used sweet potatoes instead of white and added chopped brocolli and ground beef. Delicious!"